Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Wehead Is a Futuristic Robotic Head Display for Teleconferencing

Have you ever felt like Zoom calls weren’t weirdly futuristic enough? Well, to help fill that gap comes the $1,999 Wehead, a full-size head-shaped display that brings a caller into the room with the ability to look around, following their own head movements and displaying their face on its screens in real-time. The future!

Not a bad idea, although the shape of the head is a little unusual. It looks like four smartphones got together and tried to form a Transformer. I feel like a more traditional head shape might have been more effective. But what do I know about telecommunication? Every Zoom call I’ve ever been on, I’ve faked a bad connection and hung up before the meeting even got started.

Will this prove to be the future of telepresence communication? I’m not sure, but it might be a step in that direction. I always thought it was going to be more holographic, a la R2-D2 displaying Princess Leia’s message in Star Wars, but again, if I could accurately predict the future, I’d be filthy rich off Bitcoin right now.

[via DudeIWantThat]

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires