Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Building An Iron Man Laser Gauntlet That Can Melt Steel

Because what good are superhero gadgets if we can’t make them in real life, the team at Hacksmith Industries built a 1.5-kilowatt Iron Man laser gauntlet capable of melting through a 1/4″ steel plate. It’s not exactly as impressive as Iron Man’s, but I’ll take what we can get, and I want this one.

In the video, they use the gauntlet to cut through increasingly thicker rope before moving to chains and, eventually, a 1/8″ steel door, then a 1/4″ steel plate. Sure, it doesn’t burn through them like a hot knife through butter, but it does get the job done – unlike me, in case you were wondering why I’m looking for work right now.

The laser they used in the gauntlet retailed for $100,000 when it came out but was picked up for just $6,000 because, apparently, these lasers depreciate before you even drive them off the lot. Thank goodness I didn’t invest in a bunch of these $100,000 lasers hoping to sell them on eBay for a profit, although I almost did.

[via TechEBlog]

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires