Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Vintage Porcelain Painted With Tiny, Lifelike Ants: Teaparty, Ruined!

German artist Evelyn Bracklow paints tiny, realistic black ants on vintage porcelain, making the pieces appear to be crawling with the insects. Why exactly, I’m not sure, but they certainly make for an interesting conversation piece. Or my wife screaming we’ve got ants in the house and breaking a piece of expensive dinnerware with a thrown shoe.

Evelyn makes some of her pieces available for sale through her Etsy shop, but they’re not cheap. So if you fancy yourself an artist, you might want to consider buying some used dinnerware from the thrift store and try painting your own. That’s what I did, and let’s just say maybe Evelyn’s prices aren’t so unreasonable after all.

I love whimsical objects, and these certainly fit the bill. The hardest part is going to be convincing my wife to let me spend $360 on an antsy teapot when I don’t even drink tea. Now I’m not trying to sound too hoity-toity here, but I’ve always been more of a grape soda kind of guy.

[via Colossal]

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires