Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

8bitdo Mechanical Keyboards Inspired by the NES and Famicom

Made by game controller manufacturer 8bitdo, these 87-key mechanical keyboards were inspired by the original Nintendo Entertainment System and Japanese Famicom console. Available for pre-order now (shipping in September 2023), the $100 keyboards feature Kailh Box V2 White switches, dye-sub PBT keycaps, and can connect via Bluetooth, wireless 2.4G, and even an old-fashioned wire, just like the original game controllers had to be!

Perhaps the keyboards’ best feature is the addition of Dual Super Buttons, two giant programmable buttons inspired by the consoles’ original controllers that can be mapped to perform any action you want. I’ll be using mine to instantly close the game I’m playing and make a spreadsheet appear on-screen whenever anybody enters my office. Oh, you know, just reviewing these monthly sales reports, boss!

As far as mechanical keyboards go, I’m really digging the NES version of this one. Sure, I could get one of those newfangled keyboards with a million programmable LEDs so it looks like I have a rainbow trapped inside, but do I really need that? Yes. But I also need these Dual Super Buttons, so it looks like I’ll have a keyboard for each hand now.

[via The Awesomer]

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires