Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Designer Updates His Double-Decker Airline Seating Concept

The brainchild of 23-year-old designer Alejandro Núñez Vicente, the Chaise Longue is a double-decker system of airline seating that allows for more passengers to fit in the same amount of space, with the lower level passengers sitting with their faces directly behind the upper deck butts in front of them. I assume the lower-level seats will be the least expensive. Vicente imagines this system being “the future of economy flying.” Weird, I always thought the future of economy flying would be seating in the baggage compartment.

It’s unclear just how many more seats the Chaise Longue system would allow an airplane to fit, and Vicente imagines only the center row would even be able to accommodate the seating since, you know, overhead bins. Honestly, I’m not even sure the ceiling of most planes would be able to accommodate these seats in the middle row. I mean, those ceilings would have to be high.

Alternatively, airlines should just forgo overhead bins altogether, make everyone check all their bags, and turn that space into tiny sleeper compartments. I’d buy those tickets – I’m used to sleeping in a confined space. Namely, the four square feet my wife and dogs allow me on the edge of the bed every night.

[via CNN / Images by 1OFF Media]

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires