Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

This Synthetic Hand Has Humanoid Muscle Fibers

Seen here about to lose at rock-paper-scissors (I’m choosing rock), Clone Robotics’ Synthetic Hand v18 is the latest and greatest version of a humanoid hand created by the company. This 1:1 scale iteration of a human hand features artificial muscle fibers and custom valves that allow it to move eerily like the real thing. That’s cool, but I’m still not shaking hands with it.

The hand can be teleoperated by mimicking the movements of a real hand and trained from internet videos of human hand movement. Although, I would argue training anything from watching internet videos is a slippery slope. I’ve seen plenty of internet videos, and they are NOT good role models.

Clone plans to sell the hands in the near future for around $2,800, so it’s going to cost me at least $5,600 to dress up as Goro from Mortal Kombat for Halloween next year. Will it be worth it? Only time and the end-of-night weight of my candy bag will tell! Probably not, though you can buy a lot of candy yourself for $5,600.

[via TechEBlog]

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires