Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Robot Can Pick Up and Sort Donuts by Topping Without Damage

Recently on display at Pack Expo 2022 (I’m sad I missed it), this high-speed donut sorting machine developed by Soft Robotics, Inc. can sort donuts by variety and handle them all without damaging its precious, doughy cargo. That’s fantastic news because there’s nothing I hate more than a smushed donut.

The robot uses a system called mGripAI, which combines 3D vision, artificial intelligence, and soft grasping technology to get the job done. The job, in this case, was sorting me a dozen donuts, four of each variety. Still, I can’t help but feel they missed a golden opportunity to name this thing the Doughbot. Or Ronut.

Will we soon see a robot instead of a human sorting donuts at the end of the Krispy Kreme donut machine? One can only hope. And I’m not just saying that because I stand a significantly lesser chance of getting yelled at by a robot when I try to stick my head under the glaze waterfall, but it’s always been a dream of mine.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires