Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Under-Nose Odor Generator for Smelling in Virtual Reality: Smell-O-Vision

Developed by scientists at City University of Hong Kong, this wireless olfactory interface allows users to smell things in virtual reality or 4D movies. The device works by heating tiny amounts of scented paraffin wax in odor generators directly below the nostrils, which are then detected by a person’s olfactory nerves. Smell-O-Vision, here we come!

The odor generators allow different odors of various concentrations to be released at different times or stopped by cooling its thermal actuators. I don’t know about you, but I can’t wait to smell a Burger King commercial using one of these.

Will they make the devices look more like convincing mustaches? I hope so because I’ve always imagined virtual reality me has a handlebar mustache. One, I twirl the tips of when I’m thinking really hard. Not that I ever think really hard, but since this is virtual reality we’re talking about, then I might as well be the world’s greatest detective.

[via TechEBlog]

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires