Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

This Tiny Humanoid Robot Can Swing on a Swing Set

YouTuber Skjeggestad had a dream… one of constructing a tiny humanoid robot that can swing on a swing set using its own movement. So that’s exactly what he made in the form of Swingman, a humanoid mini robot based on a single RC servo, microcontroller, and IMU (Inertial Measurement Unit). Swingman was programmed with Arduino IDE, and all non-electronic or metal parts were 3D printed. He’s like a modern, even more terrifying version of Pinocchio!

It’s pretty impressive that Swingman can swing so well with the use of a single RC servo to move his body and gain swinging momentum. It took me many years to learn how to swing, and, if I’m being completely honest, I’m still not very good at it.

Skjeggestad says his ultimate goal is to tune Swingman so he can swing a full 360 degrees around the pole like we’ve all dreamed of. Will he turn inside-out if he does? A kid on the playground told me that’s what happens, so I never risked it myself.

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires