Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Sol Reader: An eReader in the Shape of Sunglasses

Designed for a more immersive reading experience, the Sol Reader is an eReader in the form of a pair of sunglasses – placing tiny screens right in front of your eyeballs. Sol describes them as “noise-canceling for your eyes,” so don’t expect to be able to read and see anything else going on around you. Me? I like to be aware of my surroundings at all times. Even sleeping, which is why I sleep with both eyes open. My wife hates it.

The $350 Sol Reader is available in four different colors, weighs just 3.9 ounces, and features an e-ink screen for each eyeball, illuminated by side-mounted warm white LEDs. eBook features like page-turning and bookmarking, as well as size and brightness controls, are operated via a handheld remote that connects to the reader via Bluetooth. Whatever you do, don’t lose that remote, or you’ll have to read the same page for eternity.

Call me old-fashioned, but I’m a sucker for good old-fashioned paper books. My wife bought me an eReader several years ago, but I couldn’t get used to it. It didn’t smell like a book. Plus, I couldn’t put it on my bookshelf to admire after I’d finished. Okay, fine, I lost the charger.

[via DudeIWantThat]

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires