Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Boston Dynamics Spot Robots Get Integrated ChatGPT To Communicate Verbally

The robotics and AI enthusiasts at the YouTube channel Underfitted recently upgraded their Boston Dynamics Spot quadruped robots with ChatGPT in order to be able to communicate with them using voice commands. The future! Sit, boy, sit. Why’s it not sitting? And why’s it pointing a laser blaster at me?

The Underfitted robots run numerous automated missions every day, using incredibly technical configuration files and producing detailed mission logs as a result, with tons of captured data. Adding ChatGPT and a voice-enabled interface is a way to be able to query the data from these files and logs easily and in real time. Robot: was your last mission a success, and if so, where did you hide all the money?

Admittedly, being able to talk to your robot does seem to make it a little less creepy. Or maybe even more creepy, I don’t really know. What I do know is that 10-year-old me would have given my Nintendo for a robot dog I could have a conversation with. Current me is less thrilled about the possibility, especially if that robot dog starts asking what my leg tastes like.

[via TechEBlog]

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires