Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Massive 1/6 Scale Back to the Future Time Traveling DeLorean Model

Because where we’re going, we don’t need roads; Hot Toys is releasing a highly detailed 1/6th-scale replica of Doc Brown’s time-traveling DeLorean DMC-12 from Back To The Future II. Available at Sideshow Collectibles, the large 72cm (~28″) model includes functional gullwing doors, and the wheels even fold up when it’s time to fly. I must have it. Oh, it’s $825. I can wait. At least until I get my hands on a Grays Sports Almanac.

The time machine can be displayed either in traditional wheeled mode or comes with a stand for displaying in in-flight mode. It has working exterior lights (including headlights, brakes, yellow wheel hub lights, and undercarriage lighting) and interior lights (instrument panel, time circuits, flux capacitor). The real rubber wheels move, the gullwing doors can be posed in different levels of openness, and the interior features a moveable steering wheel, gear shift, and time circuit handle. Impressive! But can the Mr. Fusion turn 1/6th-scale banana peels and beer cans into nuclear power?

As far as scale models go, this one is an absolute beauty. Am I going to try to convince my wife that it belongs on the fireplace mantle more than the boring old urns that are there now? Please, if marriage has taught me anything, it’s that I have to pick and choose my battles, and this is one definitely worth fighting for.

[via TechEBlog]

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires