Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Roller Coaster Enthusiast 3D Prints His Own Mini Coaster

YouTuber EddBuilds  spent a year and a half building this miniature reproduction of one of the possible layouts of the Infinity Coaster built by Gerstlauer Amusement Rides, this fully-functional coaster. The track features a vertical lift and three inversions, and I’m thankful Ed didn’t include any POV footage because I still feel a little queasy from the midnight snack I had last night. The spicy shrimp was a bad idea.

Edd says the layout, track, train, and supports were all designed using a combination of Blender, Fusion 360, and patience and were 3D printed using an Ultimaker 2 and Creality Ender 3. Clearly, this was a labor of love. I wish I had labors of love. Mostly I only have labors of things I really don’t want to do.

In the future, will full-size roller coasters be 3D printed too? You never know! I mean, that would take some pretty big 3D printers and probably the ability to print in steel, but crazier things have happened. Take my wife agreeing to marry me, for example.

[via TechEBlog]

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires