Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Robot Dog with Magnetized Feet Can Climb Metal Walls: Spider-Dog

Because why should anywhere be safe from killer robots of the future, researchers at the Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology have gone and developed MARVEL, a quadruped robot with magnetic feet it can use to climb metal walls. AND ceilings. I don’t like this one bit. Not even half a bit, to be honest.

MARVEL’s electromagnetic paws can individually and instantly be magnetized and demagnetized for smooth climbing. Thankfully, it can currently only climb relatively smooth surfaces. Now, all we need to do is insert some buggy code into its system that demagnetizes all its feet simultaneously once it climbs to a height great enough to destroy it on impact.

The last thing I need is a quadruped robot climbing around on my ceiling. Thankfully, I have plaster walls and ceilings, so I appear to be safe at the moment. That’s a good thing for MARVEL too because if I wake up and find a robot covering the Cindy Crawford poster on my ceiling, I’ll make that robot wish it never became sentient.

[via TechEBlog]

Enregistrer un commentaire

0 Commentaires